[aprssig] Google isn't my friend, it's Big Brother...

Jason Winningham jdw at eng.uah.edu
Thu Apr 27 15:24:19 EDT 2006

On Apr 27, 2006, at 2:04 PM, John Habbinga wrote:

> If you're talking about the satellite view, your position is just
> beyond the edge of the high resolution area.  I don't see just one
> tile blocked out.  I see that whole area with reduced resolution.

If you scroll around the edge of that "reduced resolution" area, it
_looks_ like it is exactly that - the resolution has been reduced on
purpose.  There's a strip between the low-res color and the b&w that
appears to be color at the same resolution as the b&w, then the color
resolution goes very low.

Not sure why they'd do that, though.  Some other potential targets in m
part of the country, including major airports, military installations,
a NASA site, dams, etc, are all at the same resolution as everything
else.

Maybe it's just a screwup - something like "this data is color and it's
newer, so it must be better" even though it's low-res?

beats me.

-Jason
kg4wsv