[aprssig] aprsd confusion

Doug Ferrell kd4moj at kd4moj.org
Tue Apr 25 18:42:41 EDT 2006

aprssig-bounces at lists.tapr.org wrote:
> Curt, WE7U wrote:
>> How hard is it to fix it in the SourceForge version?
>
> I wrote a quick patch and entered into the aprsd project's bug
> tracking system at sourceforge over 11 months ago. But there have
> been no new file releases since then. I guess the whole project has
> been pretty much stagnant for years.
>
>> Mic-E conversion should default to off and strong wording should be
>> put in the docs and the config files to warn about turning it on, or
>> else the option should be removed.
>
> It is defaulted to off and has been for a long time. No problem there,
> unless an igate operator decides otherwise. It might be better to
> remove the functionality altogether from future versions.

  Mine is always been off and still reported by the website as bad packets.
Filter is turned off. Seems to report kenwoods as bad packets. Same as
monitoring off the air......... so I guess other software (Ui-View etc)
strips the kenwood "]" I guess.... so you don't show up as a "mangler".

...DOUG
KD4MOJ