[aprssig] FINDU multiple station displays.

VE7GDH ve7gdh at rac.ca
Thu Apr 20 13:40:49 EDT 2006

Bob WB4APR wrote...

> Thanks ANDY.  I was not aware that FINDU could
> display multiple stations.

I wasn't aware of it either. Good information to have!

> I wish there was an option for displaying the NEAR
> 50 stations as well.  That would really be neat. I have
> always had to use JFINDU for that...

I use UI-View32 for that.... well, not for "50" stations around a particular
station, but stations around me on RF as well as further afield from the
APRS-IS. If I'm interested in a particular station that isn't within range
by RF and if they are outside the distance limit in the filter in my APRS
server connection, and want to see "X" stations around that particular
station wherever it is, I just add to my filter f/callsign/50 and the APRS
server I am connected to will show that station and any others within 50 km
of that station. It won't show them retroactively, but from the point in
time that I add that station to my filter, they will show up as long as
"callsign" has made it to an IGate.

73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH