[aprssig] What (if anything) can be gated from HF direct to APRS IS ?

maiko at pcs.mb.ca maiko at pcs.mb.ca
Thu Apr 20 00:25:02 EDT 2006

Hi all,

Are the rules for gating stuff to the APRS Internet System
for HF aprs completely different than VHF aprs ?

If I have a HF tnc monitoring 30 meters APRS, what am I *allowed*
to pipe direct to the APRS IS ? Is there a summary of rules ? This
evening I watched a user mention that he was seeing ACKS coming
through an ECHO. At the time I had the igate going (just for a
few minutes to test some stuff). I then switched it off.

Regards,

Maiko Langelaar / VE4KLM