[aprssig] TNC vs AGWPE

Andrew Rich vk4tec at tech-software.net
Tue Apr 18 04:21:12 EDT 2006

Gudday

I have been trialiing using the audio from the D700 "9600" out on the ps2
connector with either a TNC or AGWPE.

I have found for some reason that the TNC combination hears much better and
captures more packets than AGWPE.

I am not saying that AGWPE not as good as the TNC, maybe it is levels ?

I am using the serial port on the D700 to control its freq for doppler and
the audio on the ps2 connector for packet decode.

The other day i sent a packet up through ISS and I knew it landed cause the
D700 in the car said "MY POS"

When I got home much to my dismay, the packet did not decode on my home
setup.

Is there anything that would affect the performance of AGWPE ?

PC is a DELL INSIPRON 2 GHz LAPTOP with 2Gb of RAM - what I would have
thought would be a "quick" platform.

Any similar perfromance issues ?
Andrew Rich
Amateur radio callsign VK4TEC