[aprssig] IGates in Baton Rouge

Keith - VE7GDH ve7gdh at rac.ca
Tue Apr 11 00:25:51 EDT 2006

Chris AE6VK wrote...

> I’m visiting in Baton Rouge, LA and set up my laptop with UI-view and
> Packet Engine Pro. I’ve been trying to use WIDE1-1, WIDE2-1 as my path,
> which is the current recommendation as I understand it. But nothing
> seems to be getting through to findu.

www.findu.com/cgi-bin/find.cgi?AE6VK-1
http://www.findu.com/cgi-bin/raw.cgi?call=AE6VK-1&time=1

It looks like you are making it to an IGate, but you haven't been heard
for about 15 hours. Your last heard beacon was gated by KC5YSM-2 about
16 hours ago..

> I see a bunch of stations around me on UI-view and there is even one
> that digipeats me, but nobody around me – except some directly
> connected weather stations – has made it to findu recently either...
> It appears the K5LSU-5 is expected to be the local IGate,
> but also has not been heard from all day.

Counting the dog (& the CW stations) it looks like there are 50 stations
within 65 miles of your location. It looks like the real "problem" is that
K5LSU-5, which gated most of your beacons earlier, has been AWOL for about
17 hours or so. See http://www.qrz.com/detail/K5LSU, and
http://www.qrz.com/detail/N5IB. James is the trustee for K5LSU. According
to qrz.com his email address is giamman @ rouge.phys.lsu.edu. Perhaps you
could fire him a note or see if you can find a phone number for him.

73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH