[aprssig] Bad path for a plane

Doug Ferrell kd4moj at kd4moj.org
Mon Apr 10 18:36:15 EDT 2006

> The 'law' will have to be enforced by smarter digipeaters, which scan
> the path and discards the packets which violate the rules.  With the
> installed base of KPC3's and UIDIGI-ROM's that's going to be a long long
> time....

   HHmmmmm the KPC-3's on the new paradigm catches the  bad paths and
stops 'em dead (just like Raid). I agree that there are many solutions to
the problem but I'm curious about the above statement 'With the installed
based of KPC3's and UIDI-ROMS's...'

    As the operator of 3 WIDE digi's, I've seen firsthand "bad packets
(i.e relay,wide3-3,wide3-3) that get's stopped dead. now that more local
digi-ops (tri-state area, GA AL,FL) have adopted the new paradigm, i've
seen at least an 80% drop of trash packets coming through.

--
...DOUG
KD4MOJ