[aprssig] Bad path for a plane

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Mon Apr 10 17:59:25 EDT 2006

> Bad paths are all the rage these days.  I picked up
>a truck in Lubbock that was in Louisianna.

K5ROK-14>S2ST6R,K5VAS-2*,WIDE7-6,WIDE7-7,qAo,WB0TAX:`y7W"@`u/]"4X}Don't get round much anymore

When we see paths like this, we need to make an effort
to contact the not only the sender to help him fix his
bad path, but also the digipeater that is allowing the
path to propogate and flood the system.

It looks to me like K5VAS-2 digi is not trappnig WIDE7-7
packets as it should under the New-N Paradigm.
He has no EMail address  on QRZ.com.  I have
already sent an email to the originator...

He should probably be using a path of WIDE1-1,WIDE2-2
in that area.

Bob, WB4APR, Bob