[aprssig] Google Earth and APRS

AE5PL Lists HamLists at ametx.com
Sat Apr 1 09:32:33 EST 2006

Where is the definition of the format (sorry, I am out of town right now
and don't have a lot of time this weekend to go looking)?  I may already
have the complete set of symbols that could be uploaded (the symbols are
derived from the ones on WA8LMF's site).  I have written a program that
takes those symbols and creates transparent gifs (used by javAPRS) and
individual bmps (used by MapPoint and MapPoint.NET).  Another format
wouldn't be that hard to add.  The key is what graphic format (gif, png,
etc.), size (pixels), and transparency (for instance, MapPoint and
MapPoint.NET use two different indicators for transparency).  Finally,
naming convention to simplify uploading.

73,

Pete Loveall AE5PL
mailto:pete at ae5pl.net