[aprssig] APRS help

Rahn whiskey7doa at gmail.com
Tue Sep 27 13:38:49 EDT 2005

Jason Winningham wrote:

> Depending on where you are, this won't work.  Try WIDE1-1,WIDE2-2,
> which is the currently recommended 3 hop path.  (I personally use
> WIDE3-3 as my 3 hop path with success, but try the standard first!)
>

> On the surface it sounds like you're OK other than the possible
> (probable) path problem.  Do you notice the APRS side of the radio
> displaying "ONAIR......", or notice a "MY POSITION" message that would
> indicate you're getting digipeated and your D700 heard its own report
> back?
>
> -Jason
> kg4wsv

Thanks Jason, I will try the WIDE1-1, WIDE2-2 and see if that works. As
far as your second question. My radio does, in fact, display "ONAIR..."
and when that happens my handheld that is set the the same freq hears
some digital noise. So I know it's transmitting. However, I do not get
the "MY POSITION" message back to indicate it's being digipeated. But
then again, that could be a path problem, right?

--
Rahn Abbott
W7DOA