[aprssig] AJ3U-5 Sat Packets

aprs at pe1rdw.demon.nl aprs at pe1rdw.demon.nl
Tue Sep 27 12:39:56 EDT 2005

Quoting Andrew Rich <vk4tec at tech-software.net>:

> You must must must always check the impact on findu.com
>
> and the APRS IS stream after impelementing anything to acertain the
> impact.
>
> In this case the impact was mixing in with real satellite packets.

Two things:

1) APRS IS is not the goal of APRS, it is a nice tool to collect a
global image
and try to communicate over a long distance, the same goes for findu.com, the
first priorety should be the RF side, we have a RADIO hobby, not an internet
hobby.

2) you complain about an impact on findu.com and your own software but
findu.com
is not impacted so the fault is your own software, if steve can code a working
filter so can you.

73 de Andre PE1RDW