[aprssig] Re: More on the findU server issue...

Keith - VE7GDH ve7gdh at rac.ca
Sun Sep 25 17:45:32 EDT 2005

Steve K4HG wrote on Sept 25 2005
> It is therefore dependent on the seek time of the disk, and more
> importantly the latency. The primary server's 15k RPM disks
> will have half the latency of the 7200 RPM drives in the backup.

Sorry if it has been mentioned before, but are you using stand-along
hard drives for findu.com, or are they set up as a RAID? For most
people, RAID 1 for would be more important because of the redundancy
it would provide, but I wonder if RAID 0, 2, 3, 4, 5 or 6 (dunno which
would be best for findu.com) would be better because of the faster
access times... or are you already using RAID 0+1 so you have both
mirroring and striping?

73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH