[aprssig] Re: Serial port to USB question

Derek Koonce redderek at comcast.net
Fri Sep 23 12:18:03 EDT 2005

In regards to the last comment, I actually went through the various
ports on my laptop to see how the COM ports are assigned. My laptop has
3 USB ports. I also have a 4-port hub that I used and moved between the
3 laptop ports. This a total of 15 COM ports that got assigned! I ended
up making a note on my laptop that identifies which port is what number
so I do not forget. Do not forget that the modem is another COM port in
of itself!

Derek Koonce