[aprssig] Sending messages from the keyboard.

Bruce & Leigh Coates bruce.coates at sasktel.net
Thu Sep 15 14:23:56 EDT 2005

Hi Keith

I agree that the idea situation would be that every participant was using an
APRS client.  What we're simulating in this exercise is what can be done if
you find yourself in an area with hams that have never used APRS but have
packet capability.  We want to test and demonstrate how they can be included
in an ad-hoc emergency plan.

In fact, because of the timing, I may not be able to give him the
instructions for configuring his home station for digipeating and his
portable station for messaging until I'm within simplex radio range, about
50 km.  After all, emergencies don't call ahead, so neither will I.  ;-)

73 Bruce