[aprssig] PK88 as WIDEn-N Digi ?

Curt Mills archer at eskimo.com
Wed Sep 14 20:02:44 EDT 2005

On Wed, 14 Sep 2005, Wes Johnston wrote:

> Ahhh yes.... but perhaps you don't need to have a TNC-x?  just the
> daughterboard and a max232 chip and ANY tnc that does KISS, to include
> kpc3's and pk88's can do the new widen-n stuff.... and probably soon,
> the NSR stuff.
>
> A few minutes with a solder breadboard and you have a brain transplant
> for your older tnc.

Ah, I see what you're talking about.  Well then, in that case you
can probably bypass the RS-232 circuitry in most TNC's either by
yanking chips or changing jumpers.  Go in through the 5V serial
interface and you could just use the TNX-X daughterboard and a KISS
TNC without any breadboarding.  Snag +5V from the TNC to run the
daughterboard.

--
Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo dot com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer