[aprssig] D700 Control

Ron rgilson at adelphia.net
Sat Sep 10 19:50:51 EDT 2005

At one time when computers used a DB25 serial connector in place of the current DB9, a switch box was also made with LEDs and  switches that reversed RX, TX data along with  CLS, DTR, DSR and a few other signals.  With progress to the DB9 some one forgot about these handy little boxes and I have not seen one in 10 years.  Too bad because these were very helpful.  Be thankful that you don't need handshaking on pin 4.  The D7 goes from -12 to +12 vdc  to control some GPS receiver data out.  I found out after spending too much time spinning my wheels with a DeLorme,  Good luck,
Ron
WA2WWK