[aprssig] Computer control of the D700

Steve Noskowicz noskosteve at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 7 18:46:12 EDT 2005

I blew away the digest with the thread about this, but I have been doing radio-control with Excel for my TH-F6A and 706G and am finishing the TS-2000 version.  Looks like the D700'll be next.  VBA is pretty complex of a language (for me), but having a complete environment makes writing and debugging click, click.

It's functionalty is simply a click to tune radio and click to capture radio freq, mode, filter.  Virtually an add-on 64K memory bank.  AND you have all the power of Excel; to copy, paste, drag, sort, etc. the frequencies.

FYI the 706 version is in most of the 4 Yahoo 706 group's Files area.  I started to look at doing the memory management and worked out a semi automatic way to do PL tones, but the complexity got the best of me.

Somebody mentioned his F6. The F6 sheet I posted is a really crude one, nowhere near the usefullness of the 706 version, but just an easy way to see what a command does and the response.  I also have what i think is a simplified version of the F6 protocol document on those Yahoo group's Files areas.  I condensed the information John May did and added some things he hadn't figured out.

The TS-2000 one is doing everything but the last bit to program the filter settings.  A bit more comples with all the possibilities.

73, Steve, K9DCI

http://mail.yahoo.com