[aprssig] APRS Voice Alert

Herb Gerhardt hgerhardt at wavecable.com
Wed Sep 7 14:17:16 EDT 2005

Yes, Voice Alert is very clever trick.

I have used it a few times to contact friends who were driving through my
area and I had no idea what voice frequency they might be monitoring.  It
also comes in handy in letting you know who is traveling in your area with
an APRS tracker transmitting with a tone of 100 Hz.

I have never heard of anyone else within my simplex range of using it
though.  So people should not worry about voice going over a digital channel
frequency.  Besides that the most that is ever said is what frequency to
change to for voice, then the acknowledgment and the two call signs.  That's
it, it takes a few seconds of airtime on the APRS frequency.

Also please note that our NW APRS web site URL is changing from .com to
.info.  Please update your Favorites if you have it saved there.

Herb, KB7UVC
NW APRS Group, West Sound Coordinator
Our WEB Site:  http://www.nwaprs.info