[aprssig] APRS Voice Alert

Scott Miller scott at opentrac.org
Wed Sep 7 13:26:33 EDT 2005

>Actually, what started Voice Alert was the frustrtion
>of driving down the road, out in the middle of nowhere
>and seeing a passing APRS tracker and having no means
>whatsoever to contact him.

This is why we need smarter radios.  Not only should you be able to get
repeaters and such programmed into memory automatically, but your radio
ought to know the calling frequency for any nearby stations.  Just select a
station, hit a button, and you're QSY'd to their call frequency.

Voice Alert is a clever trick... I just don't have any expectation of ever
encountering anyone out here who's running it.

Scott
N1VG