[aprssig] APRS Voice Alert

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Wed Sep 7 10:11:37 EDT 2005

>>> dave at emv.co.uk 09/07/05 5:17 AM >>>
>That's my other argument.  Most of APRS
>operators setups wont support a
>Voice Alert in any case, whatever Bob my hope...

Depends on what "most" means....

It is a fact that 85% of all APRS mobiles
that receive APRS while mobile are using
D7 or D700's.  And since Voice Alert is
primarily only used on these radios,
This just isnt that big a deal.

If you have a D7 or D700, then simply set
CTCSS 100 in the USA to squelch your speaker
instead of wasting it by turning it down.
(136 in the rest of the world)

That is all it is.
Your cries of doom are exagerated...

Bob