[aprssig] Duplexer or Diplexer

N0YXV - Stan Coleman n0yxv at gihams.org
Tue Sep 6 01:09:10 EDT 2005

I found it much cheaper to use two VHF antennas on my mobile. One for
APRS and one for Voice.

Anybody have a problem using two antennas? I'm not sure but when I had
one single magmount 2 meter on my cars trunk I think I got better
distance than when I switched to two trunk lip mount antennas. Somebody
suggested that it might be a grounding issue so I peeled the paint back
under the antenna mount and ran a separate grounding wire from one of
the antennas trunk lip mount to a ground that I found in the trunk.
Would size of the ground wire make a big difference? Currently I'm just
using two 20 gage wires twisted together for the ground run. What would
be the best position for the antennas?