[aprssig] APRS Activity in New Orleans

Chris Rose kb8uih at sbcglobal.net
Sun Sep 4 23:14:25 EDT 2005

I will assume that since this is an emergency
situation and since rescues are still being effected
and supplies are being shipped in and refugees are
being shipped out to clean shelters and etc., etc.,
anyway, I would see a prudent effort not to clog the
usable airwaves and packet links with useless "hope
you are alright" messages.  Hence, the request not to
transmit unless you have emergency traffic or a
solution to a problem that is occurring presently.
Now is still the time to let messages get out of the
effected areas and not send messages in that will only
take resources away from those who are already at
their wits end to do what they have to do.  I would
say its "common sense" and not worth arguing about.
There are those who may not know what is expected or
demanded at this point in an emergency situation and
the caution not to transmit may educate some that are
inexperienced in how to deal with a disaster
situation.

Respectfully,
Chris
KB8UIH