[aprssig] OpenTracker telemetry beta testing

scott at opentrac.org scott at opentrac.org
Sun Sep 4 02:04:15 EDT 2005

I've uploaded a new OpenTracker firmware image for testing.  This version
adds support for standard APRS format telemetry messages - in this testing
version, there's no configuration option for it, it just sends a telemetry
packet afer every position packet.

T#MIC156,217,000,006,000,00000010

The first value is temperature - multiply by 1.9608 for reading in kelvins.
Second reading is battery voltage, multiply by 17 for volts.  Third is the
ADC2 input, 0-255 for inputs from 0 to 5 volts.  Of course, you can
disconnect the on-board sensors and use ADC0 and ADC1 for anything.  The
fourth is the counter input, or at least its lower 8 bits.  The rightmost
bits in the digital field represent the jumper input and the configuration
profile in use.

If you'd like to test out the new version, you can download it by clicking
the 'web' button in the configuration program and selecting the telemetry
beta option.  I'd like to get some feedback on it before I make it the
standard release.  I also need to decide how it's going to be enabled in the
configuration - I might tie it to the periodic status packet option so you
can send telemetry less frequently than position packets.

Scott, N1VG
http://n1vg.net/opentracker