[aprssig] APRS In the New Orleans Area

A.J. Farmer (AJ3U) farmer.aj at gmail.com
Sat Sep 3 19:11:26 EDT 2005

Pete,

Chill.

Step back and take a deep breath.

If you don't agree, fine, but don't rip everybody to shreds.

I don't think an individual that is 50 or more miles away that is
sitting at home with power and Internet, pointing a beam towards New
Orleans to pass received to the APRS-IS is going to totally ruin the
support effort.  This is a contribution that anyone OUTSIDE the
affected area can make to the support effort WITHOUT getting in the
way and WITHOUT disruping anything.  I think anyone working *INSIDE*
the affected area that may be using APRS would appreciate being able
to get messages and positions out to the APRS-IS.  They are depending
on stations *OUTSIDE* the affected area to help restore this
infrastructure!!  If you can't see this simple fact, then I don't know
what else to say.

>PLEASE leave this thread alone and let the people
>being sent in to the area concentrate on the tasks at hand, not on some
>whim that you would like to see happen.

NOBODY working the the affected area is reading this list, I guarantee
you!  Stop being so worried about someone stealing your thunder and
just do what you need to do to help!!

A.J.