[aprssig] APRS in Disaster area

AE5PL Lists HamLists at ametx.com
Sat Sep 3 09:10:12 EDT 2005

Actually, the hams in Tallahassee were performing their functions under
the direction of the authorities.  Yes, they were given full latitude on
what they set up and how they operated but the focus was on performing a
specific task: provide support communications for that specific rescue
effort.  It was not to go in and see if you could create an APRS network
or any other network just to see if you can.  The hams who were deployed
had a specific task to do and they did it with whatever communications
methods they had at hand to accomplish that task.  That was their task
as directed by the authorities.

73,

Pete Loveall AE5PL
mailto:pete at ae5pl.net