[aprssig] Generators and LPG Conversion (was APRS in NOLA)

Ray McKnight shortsheep at worldnet.att.net
Fri Sep 2 22:28:50 EDT 2005

You can also use a wind generator that is "self furling".
I believe "Ampair" is the brand I was thinking of, that
is designed to automatically prevent over spinning
beginning at something like 45mph.

They are a little smaller than most blades, and don't
produce quite as much current as some, but it's a good
choice for unattended locations.