[aprssig] Generators and LPG Conversion (was APRS in NOLA)

Wes Johnston aprs at kd4rdb.com
Fri Sep 2 07:20:29 EDT 2005

Although this is drifting OT a little.... I have a portable gas genset
for which I made a double male 220v plug.  I placed a 220 receptical
behind my house in the middle of the U which is defined by the master
bedroom and back porch.  This permits me to run the genset so that it
can't be heard from the street and (hopefully) won't be stolen.  In Hugo
in 1989, my parents and I ran their genset in the garage simply plugged
into the welder outlet in the garage, but could never leave it
unattended because we were worried someone would steal it before we
realized why the lights went out.

Wes