[aprssig] New Orleans APRS digi still on the air

scott at opentrac.org scott at opentrac.org
Thu Sep 1 23:52:27 EDT 2005

Is anyone out there using a propane or natural gas conversion on their
generator?  I've been told they solve a lot of fuel storage and reliability
problems.  I suppose diesel would be the best choice for larger units, but
I'd rather have something unobtrusive like one of the smaller Honda
ultra-quiet generators, but with storable fuel and the option to run on
natrual gas if it's available.

Are there any major drawbacks besides the lower energy density of the fuel?

Scott
N1VG