[aprssig] Alinco DR-135T - EJ41U internal modem

Ron Stordahl ron.stordahl at digikey.com
Mon Oct 31 10:30:00 EST 2005

The Alinco DR-135T internal TNC is their EJ41U board.  Here is a quote
from their FAQ at www.alinco.com regarding this board:

Q: Does EJ41U TNC unit support the KISS mode ?
A: Yes it does but unfortunately in a limited way. As the default
setting you must configure the EJ41U to the KISS every time you turn on
the radio. In order to ease the KISS operation with the EJ41U you may
refer this website at http://research.aerocity.net/tnc/ej-41u/  Please
be advised that this site is totally created and maintenanced by the 3rd
party and Alinco declines any and all responsibilities for its contents,
the consequence of utilizing the information written therein and any
form of the tech-support relative to this subject.

I tried to go to the web site for additional information on that
internal tnc, but the link was dead!

So it doesn't look good.  I do have a DR-135T which I use in my car with
a TinyTrack and am pleased with it.  I also did hook up as a test an
MFJ1270C to the DB9 connector on the rear of the DR-135T and it worked
fine.  Looks like one should be skeptical of the EJ41U modem option in
the DR-135T.

Ron, N5IN