[aprssig] Airborne APRS

Scott Miller scott at opentrac.org
Fri Oct 28 11:30:25 EDT 2005

I haven't done this specifically, but I've operated from a 172 before.  I'd
suggest a Kenwood TH-D7A handheld - that should be all you need to receive
and decode a position.  If permanently-mounted antennas aren't an option, a
rubber duck stuck to the inside of the window with a suction cup might work.
Eventually the plane had permanent antennas installed, but I can't remember
what type.

Scott
N1VG