[aprssig] Public HAM demos (and Free Meal to Military / Veterans)

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Tue Oct 25 18:54:31 EDT 2005

>I do not see where Golden Corral is inviting hams
>to set up stations at their restaurants.  Is that
>possibly something being done on a local level in
>your area?

I was a bit unsure when I posted my recent message
because it was via military channels about the free
meal, but it triggered a memory of a recent message
about setting up radios there too.  So I went digging
and here is where I first heard of the ham radio part.
As you can see, I may be stretching the interpretation....

I have a call into my local GOlden Corral manager to
see if we can come set up... awaiting his return call.
So for sure, I assume one must make plans in advance.
I have not read the www.armad.net page in detail yet.

This is from KC9EZP and was on the UIview list
back on 7 October:

Hello Everyone:
    On Monday November 14, 2005  from 5pm - 9pm Amateur Radio Military Appreciation Day will team up with the Golden Corral Restaurants of Fort Wayne for Military Appreciation Monday.
     Amateur Radio operators nationwide will allow the public to send greetings, and expressions of thanks and appreciation LIVE over ham radio.  Amateur's will be on the air at many Golden Corral's nationwide for this event so that those that serve and our veteran's can hear America's live support.
     Everyone is invited to come out and join us for this event.
Visit www.goldencorral.net, and www.armad.net for more information.

73
Fred
KC9EZP