[aprssig] TH-D7A

Doug Ferrell kd4moj at kd4moj.org
Sat Oct 22 18:19:24 EDT 2005

    hHMMmmmmm I guess I have had a different experience.  of all the
handhelds, the D7 has about the best longevity (battery) of all my
handhelds. My experience (just monitoring the frequency) is in the RX
mode... not transmitting my position (what do they call that 80/20??).

    I'm comparing this to my work radio (Motorola MT2000), my Yaesu FT50
(dual bander before the Kenwood D7), my Yaesu/Vertex VX-150, and various
Motorola handhelds.

    Keep in mind, I'm not talking about using the D7 as a tracker, just
using it monitoring the freq. I have the stock battery and the 1800mh
(Batteries America/MR Nicad??) batteries.

    Even in TX mode ( 5 minutes) I think that I had done better than my
other radios..

    Just my experience................ YOUR mileage may vary!