[aprssig] APRS Field Events (Scouts)

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Fri Oct 21 18:33:37 EDT 2005

I just asked FINDU and there are over 115
Scout APRS Symbols in the system.  Interesting
thing is only 9 are in the Americas and 5 of those
were in Canada.  Not sure what is going on..  Bob

>>> bruninga at usna.edu 10/19/05 10:24 AM >>>
OK, its there!  National Generic Callsigns for Groups
and Special events is in place on FINDU.COM and
I have added a note about it on my main APRS page:

http://www.ew.usna.edu/~bruninga/aprs.html

Scouts, JOTA, IOTA, SCR and all manner of ham
radio activities can now all find each other on
APRS using this technique.  Lets get the word out
to those special intrest groups and get them to
use it.  This will let you set up your briefcase
APRS station and contact other stations during
your event... anywhere

Bob

>>> bruninga at usna.edu 10/18/05 6:46 PM >>>
>..this exists... messages to SCOUTS, will appear on
>http://www.findu.com/cgi-bin/msg.cgi?call=scouts
>Steve K4HG

Wow, perfect.  Maybe you could add one thing for
when it really gets popular:  add a button that
says "Click here for unique calls".  This way an optional
list is just one call per line so the list is concise instead
of 2 to 4 times as long due to multiple messages.
Then I think its DONE and there is nothing to manage!
Great work!  Thanks,  Bob