Fwd: Re: [aprssig] Lets Fix New-N now!

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Fri Oct 21 11:10:37 EDT 2005

>>I received this email (below) from the wife of a long
>>distance APRS traveler, frustrated by those parts
>>of the USA network that still have not moved over
>>to the New-N full support of WIDEn-N.

Turns out, they live within 50 miles of Knoxville
Tennessee, which if you remimber my post back in
August, is a black-hole for WIDEn-N since the
mountain top digi there only supports RELAY, WIDE
and yet has over 100 mile coverage along
the national artery of I-40.

>>Please lets get those digi parameters changed to
>>fully support WIDEn-N under the New-N paradigm
>>so that it DOES work everywhere.   There are still
>>114 old "T" digis and 95 "R" digis and 12 "W" digis
>>that dont support WIDEn-N at all!

Remember all of the 114 can be changed to "P" digis
that support WIDEn-N up to 3-3.  And the others
can all support at least WIDE1-1 and continue to work
just as they do now.