[aprssig] N1547C tracker

John K9IJ k9ij at vx5.com
Thu Oct 20 17:33:21 EDT 2005

At 02:53 PM 10/20/2005, you wrote:
> [...]

You're splitting hairs here about as fine as possible.

If the only way to turn on/off the tracker is to turn off the master switch
in the aircraft, then making a call to the pilot in the air (not legal anyway)
on a cell phone and telling him that he must turn off the tracker would
require that he turn off the master switch to the airplane. That's not going
to work very well.

And splitting hairs the other way. If the tracker is only turned on by the
pilot physically turning on the master switch in the cockpit, then that person
IS specifically turning on the tracker, no matter that other powered equipment
in the aircraft is also being powered on.

This  operation is blatantly illegal... period... and I hope nobody
'officially' brings
it to the attention of Riley.

-

John Rice  K9IJ