[aprssig] N1547C tracker

AE5PL Lists HamLists at ametx.com
Thu Oct 20 15:53:56 EDT 2005

As usual, you missed the point.  Does anyone at Con-Ed, BG&E, or
Virginia Power _specifically_ power on your station?  No.  The key here
is _control_, not whether the power is applied and removed by an entity
without regard to your station's operation.  I explained how I believed
that the case of N1547C _is_ legal because the pilot is _not
specifically_ turning on the tracker (it is wired, according to K7GPS,
to the aircraft ignition switch).  I did say that should someone
_specifically_ turn _on_ the tracker then they become the control
operator because they now _directly_ control whether the station
transmits even if each individual transmission is done
_programmatically_ by the tracker.

Hopefully this clears up my previous post for you.

73,

Pete Loveall AE5PL
mailto:pete at ae5pl.net