[aprssig] N1547C tracker

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Thu Oct 20 15:15:34 EDT 2005

>  there are some folks who would balk at installing
> "technology" along the Appalachian trail .. to the point of
> damaging, and/or removing such 'technology'

Yes, and actually, that is why the original idea of the
APRS posts I sort of abandoned and next toyed
with the idea of just a PC (laptop) chained to the
counter at the local trail shops, and ranger stations
and other "manned" places -near- the trail where
hikers may drop down to for supplies and or contact
with the outside world.

Besides, there would be power and light and shelter
there, so all I really would need to come up with
was the old $25 laptop and a radio...

But its just one of those ideas I wont have time for...
anyway... bummer.  would be lots of fun to watch
the hikers...

Bob, WB4APR