[aprssig] How to set up a radio

Scott Miller scott at opentrac.org
Wed Oct 19 16:19:18 EDT 2005

> We were fortunate to have a D700 handy for the JOTA operation last
> weekend.  It was quick and easy to turn on as a fill in WIDE1-1 digi.
> Saved the day for our APRS operation.

Sorry, I meant to qualify that as sucking at more than fill-in operation.
They WILL do that, but they don't have the brains to do much more on their
own, and they don't have the buffer to play well with a PC.  They're
perfectly fine for what they do and I don't mean to be TASCO-bashing, but I
don't think anyone's going to run a WIDE digi with one.

Scott
N1VG