[aprssig] APRS Field Events

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Wed Oct 19 11:52:41 EDT 2005

No, I would say the typical traffic would be:

days prior to National Redcross Demo day:
  WE7U-7>APRS::REDCROSS :will be active on Natl RED+ day...{00}

On Red Cross day:
  N7ABC>APRS::WE7U-7   :We are in Moab Alabama. QSL?{AB}
  WE7U-7>APRS::N7ABC    :ack{AB}

  WE7U-7>APRS::N7ABC    :Hi!  We are in Topeka, have set up at hospital {01}AB
  N7ABC>APRS::WE7U-7   :ack{01}AB

That was the original intent, to make it possible for
stations anywhere on the planet to be able to get
a list of participating station calls in an event, so they
could then attempt to QSO during the event.
Beacuse with the APRS-IS, you ahve to know calls
in advance to be able to QSO...

>>> "Curt, WE7U" <archer at eskimo.com> 10/19/05 11:37 AM >>>
Ok, starting to make sense now.  The typical use then would be
something like this?

  WE7U-7>APRS::REDCROSS :Health & Welfare Traffic for WA{00}

  N7ABC>APRS::WE7U-7   :I'm able to take traffic for WA{AB}
  WE7U-7>APRS::N7ABC    :ack{AB}

  WE7U-7>APRS::N7ABC    :Prepare to copy{01}AB
  N7ABC>APRS::WE7U-7   :ack{01}AB