[aprssig] N1547C Aeronautical Mobile

Christensen, Eric CHRISTENSENE at MAIL.ECU.EDU
Wed Oct 19 10:17:50 EDT 2005

I see a problem with a non-ham having a tracker on their vehicle for the purposes of other non-hams (as seen on the website) tracking them.  The ham that put up the website didn't even say that he was interested in watching this plane...

Eric KF4OTN

From: AA3JY at Winlink.org
Sent: Wed 19-Oct-05 09:04
To: aprssig at lists.tapr.org
Subject: [aprssig] N1547C Aeronautical Mobile

I read the short article and it looks like Tim & Leigh Anne Delaney are
the two people in the airplane. I don't find their names in the FCC
search for a Santa Clara, CA address. I would guess that they are then
using ham frequencies for non-ham transmissions. Could someone clarify
that?
=====

Probably no worse than having a tracker in your wife's/girfriend's vehicle....

Regards,

Clay AA3JY
(via WL2K)