[aprssig] Lets Fix New-N now!

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Tue Oct 18 17:53:19 EDT 2005

Everyone in APRS:

I received this email (below) from the wife of a long
distance APRS traveler, frustrated by those parts
of the USA network that still have not moved over
to the New-N full support of WIDEn-N.

Please lets get those digi parameters changed to
fully support WIDEn-N under the New-N paradigm
so that it DOES work everywhere.   There are still
114 old "T" digis and 95 "R" digis and 12 "W" digis
that dont support WIDEn-N at all!

Look at the letter below, and look at your map for
these digis and lets get them fixed...  But be nice.
de Wb4APR