[aprssig] APRS Field Events

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Mon Oct 17 15:09:09 EDT 2005

On Mon, 17 Oct 2005, Robert Bruninga wrote:

> Here is the list of recommended calls:
>
> SCOUTS, JOTA, KIDS, SATERN, GUARD, REDCROSS
> FOUR-H, YOUTH, GUARD, MARS, ????

You have GUARD listed twice.

Should any of CAP/RACES/ARES be listed also?

Just added these to Xastir's docs, which will be in the
up-and-coming release 1.7.0 of Xastir.

FOUR-H will get igated to RF fine as a 3rd-party packet, but nobody
can send that call out directly on RF as it's not a legal AX.25
callsign (SSID is not between 0 and 15 inclusive).  That means you
can only send that one from the internet then, correct?

Same goes for REDCROSS as it's too long for an AX.25 callsign.