[aprssig] APRS Field Events

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Mon Oct 17 14:54:58 EDT 2005

>>> n0yxv at gihams.org 10/17/05 2:18 PM >>>
>I took them all out because I couldn't find any
>reference to them on the web.

OK, I just added a new page describing the
"Generic Callsigns for National Events"
and a link to them on the main APRS page:

http://www.ew.usna.edu/~bruninga/aprs.html

Here is the list of recommended calls:

SCOUTS, JOTA, KIDS, SATERN, GUARD, REDCROSS
FOUR-H, YOUTH, GUARD, MARS, ????

I added KIDS for the growing number of ham radio
KIDS clubs.  (In our area, our club has the call KI3DS..)

But this way, those very few kids that want to try
out APRS for example can send a message to
KIDS and potentially find another kid somewhere
to QSO... without having to set it up in advance...

de Wb4APR, Bob