[aprssig] PHG and HAAT, more.

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Fri Oct 14 12:52:19 EDT 2005

>>> gerry.creager at tamu.edu 10/14/05 10:46 AM >>>
>I think something like an international HAAT calculator
>would be very cool.

As long as people understand that it is simply
a computer's adding up just a bunch of menaningless
points that has no other value than to fill in the
box on an FCC form relative to a repeater.

The HAAT as computed above yes, does give
the FCC the consistent bureaucratic value it
seeks, but it usually says lilttle about the real
performance of that repeater over any given
direction.   That is why I prefer to say that
APRS PHG is more flexible and has the
subjective input of the user who understands
his local terrain and how it may offset his
value...

BOb