UI-View Bashing (was Re: APRS RF DX? (Was RE: [aprssig] APRS inAtlanta - flooding the network))

Ron McCoy rmccoylist at blueantservices.com
Thu Oct 13 12:43:53 EDT 2005

I'm still new to APRS so this may be a stupid question. Based on the traffic
on this list, I'm sure someone will tell me I am in no uncertain terms if my
question has no merit. ;)

Why was PHG set up as a manual entry with static data? It seems like we have
all the information we need for a digi to dynamically create a coverage
object surrounding it on a map.

By keeping track of the locations of directly heard stations over a period
of time, real performance could be used to draw the digi-coverage polygon
(not likely to be a circle)

Why would this be a bad idea?