UI-View Bashing (was Re: APRS RF DX? (Was RE: [aprssig] APRS in Atlanta - flooding the network))

VE7GDH ve7gdh at rac.ca
Wed Oct 12 12:53:21 EDT 2005

Bill KA8VIT wrote on Oct 12 2005

> The tone of your post of offending to ME as well and I am not
> even a part of this thread.

If my post offends YOU, that's too bad. I can't do anything about that. The
thread was about how to get something on APRS from point A to point B via
RF. Unfortunately, Bob seems to have taken it as an opportunity to change
the subject and take a dig at UI-View. People (Bob included) should be more
constructive. If something doesn't work, fix it. If new software is needed,
write it. If Bob or anyone else wants to suggest using one program or
another or even write a new program or an add-on for an existing program,
that is fine. UI-View won't  be around forever. One day it will be
"replaced" for one reason or another. I doubt if it will be replaced merely
because some other program "natively" shows PHG circles or "natively" allows
users to enter PHG info. For now, there are MANY people using UI-view... by
all accounts more than any other APRS client. However that doesn't have
anything to do with getting something via RF into Atlanta.

> I doubt Bob was being critical...    probably more like doing
> 20 things at once, like building satellites...   and you just took
> it that way.

Seemed pretty critical to me.

73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH