[aprssig] Igateing a Non Amateur

Steve Dimse steve at dimse.com
Sun Oct 2 16:22:26 EDT 2005

On Oct 2, 2005, at 3:53 PM, Mark White wrote:

>> I spent 6 nights eating  dinner with him on a Geek Cruise
>
> Wow...a "Geek Cruise"...you're more a geek than I am.

There is a great Wired article about the first Geek Cruise (Perl
Whirl) that captures the spirit, findU even gets mentioned there:

http://www.wired.com/wired/archive/8.10/cruise_pr.html

No article anywhere about the RMS/ESR cruise (Linux Lunacy) that I
know of, and I'm not the blogging type.

Geek cruises are kinda pricey but a lot of fun, and a chance to
really hang out with people you'd normally just feel happy to see
from a distance, e.g. Woz is generally on the Mac cruises, and Linus
has made every Linux one except the one I went on.

Steve K4HG