[aprssig] Igateing a Non Amateur

Jim Duncan jdbandman at earthlink.net
Sun Oct 2 16:16:07 EDT 2005

THIS is exactly what I warned everyone about way back when we started
allowing Citizen's Weather stations access to the APRS-IS system. It is
also why I shut down MY IGate. As the licensee of the I-Gate YOU are
responsible for what is transmitted from your station. If an unlicensed
person causes your station to transmit you're liable for the violation
and fines/actions by FCC.

Looks like I was right to be concerned way back then....It was just a
matter of time then and it's STILL just a matter of time before we have
a SERIOUS problem with this. It's time to lock it down before it
happens, folks. Having an open hack in the software is NOT a good thing!

Got that, programmers?

Jim Duncan, KU0G