[aprssig] Xastir install issues

Dave Baxter dave at emv.co.uk
Wed Nov 30 11:08:56 EST 2005

Someone please tell me where the official open access user forum, with
FAQ's etc is for Xastir.  I now have 3 url's, all seem to end up at a
site where I get "Content Warnings" in IE, and then Error 404.  None of
them are on Yahoo's servers.

Andre

So, you got it running on Win XP, not Cygwin?

Doesnt anyone here actualy listen.  I followed the instructions as far
as they were shown.  Cygwin came up OK in the end (45 minute download),
Xastir was also downloaded, but it does not seem to be installed.

So reading some more, and all things pointed at the now infamous
Readme.win32 file, I started down that route.  There were no warnings
such as if you have done this, don't do that, etc.  If there were, I
wouldnt have done so.  I might look it, but I'm not that dumb.

Antivirus etc was disabled at the time too.  If it works on your
machine, OK, it didnt' on mine. (Win2k Pro, SP4 & further updates,
stable so far)  Therefore, it's a buggy install that can't adapt to the
host machines locale or other setup?  Or what?

*END*

	Dave.