[aprssig] Xastir install issues

Bill Diaz william.diaz at comcast.net
Wed Nov 30 09:15:02 EST 2005

Curt,
  See below:

Huh?  According to the Lintronix site:

http://www.lintronix.com/winxastir/Readme1st.txt
Contains the following:
<Quote>
==================================
- WinXastir -- Xastir on Windows -
==================================
- last updated 23-May-2004 09:29 -
==================================

WinXastir is a packaged CDROM, available from Lintronix, to
provide an easier and quicker method for installing both Cygwin
and Xastir on a Windows computer system.

Note there are no guarantees this will work.  This software
depends on a large number of libraries and operating system
dependencies.  I and many other Xastir users test and use
it daily.  However, every computer and every installation
is unique and may not run Xastir.   The WinXastir disk was
developed to simplify the downloading, installation and
execution of programs and resources freely available on
the Internet.  There is no warrantee that it will run or perform
any specific function on any computer.   The Xastir mailing
list is the preferred source for Xastir and Cygwin installation
issues.  For questions or suggestions specific to the WinXastir
CD - please Email to winxastir at lintronix.com.
<End Quote>

Sure sounds like Lintronix has a different opinion.  Please comment on their
position for the edification of those of us who are trying to learn about
"XAstir install issues".

Bill KC9XG